Sunday, June 28, 2009

Golden Gate - Muir Woods Ride

My uncle's invitation to ride in the San Francisco/Sausalito area was finally realized after several cancellations. Some of you met my uncle at the Sequoia Metric Century. Sundays forcast called for scorching temperatures so the ride in his neck of the woods was something to look forward to. I had never ridden that area so I was excited to experience it. JohnnyBoy was still just getting over an illness so his other half, Cici, got the green light to go ride with us.

The ride was one of Sports Basement weekly Sunday rides, which started at their store in the Presidio and goes across the Golden Gate Bridge passing through Sausalito, Mill Valley then into Mt. Tamalpais State Park and Muir Woods. The views were fantastic and best of all the temperature was not too hot, not too cold, but just right! After the ride, we browsed inside the store. This store is big and they allow you to bring your bike inside the store while you shop! If your ever shop at this chain bring your AAA card for a 10% discount.

I am planning to ride this area again, but this time take Conzelman Rd down to Fort Barry.

Cici & Marcel ready to go

Off we go!

Fairly good size group

I am SPECIALIZED!

Cici, Marcel, BobbyG

4 comments:

Jack Ibagbaga (also known as) Batillog said...

Can you lead the Siclistas on this same route Bobby? I'd love to do this ride but don't know the exact route.

BobbyG said...

I have it on my GPS, just have to download it and get the info. On the route, there were a few areas where the the road narrows on some of the climbs. What I noticed was that the drivers seem tolerant of cyclist there. (They waited patiently till it was safe to pass.) Let me try an plot the route on bikley.com.

Jack Ibagbaga (also known as) Batillog said...

K
thanks

MadoneLemon said...

Bobby G, looking forward to lead us on this ride.